Protecting your privacy is important to us.
Tasty Bite will only use the information you share with us to process your orders and to enhance your shopping experience. We do not rent, trade, or sell your personal information to others.
When you request newsletters, we ask for your e-mail address. Then we forward any information you request to your e-mail account. When you post a customer review, we ask for your initials and e-mail address. However, you may choose whether to have your e-mail address displayed with your review. When you enter one of our contests or promotions, we may ask for your name, phone number, e-mail and mailing addresses. We use this information to administer the contest and notify you if you win.If you have provided us with an e-mail address, we may use it occasionally to notify you about important changes to our web sites, new services, or special offers. If you prefer not to receive these updates, we respect your wishes. Simply contact us with your request. Make sure to let us know if you have given us more than one e-mail account. We may make use of “cookies” (a small piece of information your browser stores on our behalf) to remember your registration information when you return to our site and keep track of your shopping cart. Additionally we may, on occasion, use these cookies to deliver content and services specific to your interests via third-party advertising companies. These third-parties are prohibited from sharing that information with anyone other than us.
All customer information within our systems is protected against unauthorized access. We do not sell or trade your personal information to advertisers, marketers, or anyone else without your consent. We will not release any information on you to anyone without your consent, [except as necessary to comply with court orders or other authorities]. We provide a high level of security for our computer systems, databases, and networks to protect all customer information in our systems. To provide you with improved services, we may use aggregated pools of data (without personal identifiers) for research and commercial purposes. We may also provide aggregate statistics about our sales, traffic patterns, and related site information to reputable third parties, but these statistics do not include any personally identifiable information.
Any concerns you have are important to us. If you have further questions about your privacy, please contact us.
Preferred Brands United Kingdom Limited -UK Taxation Strategy
This document sets out our policy and approach for conducting our UK tax affairs and applies to Preferred Brands UK Limited within the Preferred Brands Group. The publication of this strategy statement is regarded as satisfying the statutory obligation under Para 16(2), Schedule 19, Finance Act 2016 for all companies.
Preferred Brands Group is a fully integrated manufacturer and marketer of all-natural, ready-to-eat Indian and Asian food products sold primarily under the Tasty Bite® brand.
Tasty Bite® brand’s portfolio includes a wide range of vegetarian offerings, including Indian/Asian entrees, spice and simmer meal kits, and organic rice and lentils. While the majority of sales are generated in the United States, Preferred Brands International and its subsidiaries also manufacture products that are sold through distributors such as Tree of life, CLF Distribution, and The Health Store.
We are committed to compliance with all applicable tax laws in the jurisdictions in which we do business.
Preferred Brands Group is committed to compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations in relation to UK taxation. Preferred Brands UK Limited is also committed to having a professional, transparent and honest working relationship with Her Majesty’s Revenue & Customs (“HMRC”) in relation to UK taxation matters.
- Approach to Risk Management and Governance Arrangements in Relation to UK Taxation
- Ultimate responsibility for overseeing the tax strategy of the Group rests with the Board of Directors of the Corporation. Preferred Brands UK Limited’s tax strategy is consistent with the Group’s overall tax strategy. The Group’s overall tax strategy is consistent with its overall corporate strategy.
- Senior Management of the Group manages the day-to-day business and affairs of the Company, under the supervision of the Board of Directors of the Company.
- The Audit Committee of the Board of Directors of the Corporation monitors the Group’s tax strategy and receives periodic updates relating to tax matters from the Group CFO
- Level of Risk in Relation to UK Taxation
- As part of its overall decision making and risk assessment process in relation to tax initiatives, Preferred Brands UK Limited considers the Preferred Brands Group’s reputation, brand, corporate and social responsibilities as well as the applicable legal and fiduciary duties of officers, directors and employees of the Group.
- Preferred Brands UK Limited enters into transactions that it reasonably believes are bona fide and compliant with applicable laws, rules and regulations. While each matter is assessed on its specific facts and circumstances, Preferred Brands UK Limited will generally not take a tax position in respect of a particular issue without reasonably believing that it is more likely than not that Preferred Brands UK Limited position would be successful if challenged by the UK tax authorities.
- The Group has an internal team of tax professionals reporting to the CFO, including a team of tax professionals located in the UK responsible for Preferred Brands UK Limited tax affairs. The UK based tax team is responsible for Preferred Brands UK Limited tax compliance obligations and for monitoring and addressing business or legislative developments that might impact Preferred Brands UK Limited tax obligations.
- Attitude towards Tax Planning
- Preferred Brands United Kingdom Limited is committed to meeting its legal and regulatory requirements in respect of UK taxes, including filing applicable tax returns and making required payments of tax when legally due.
- Processes relating to different taxes are regularly reviewed by the Group’s internal tax department in the context of any business or legislative developments or changes in the Group’s corporate/tax strategy.
- The tax consequences of material commercial transactions impacting Preferred Brands United Kingdom Limited are reviewed and considered by the Group’s internal tax department. External tax or legal advice might be sought where the anticipated tax result of a commercial transaction is considered to be unclear from UK legislation, or where the anticipated tax result is subject to varying interpretations.
- The Group has a Code of Business Conduct and Ethics that applies to its employees, directors and officers around the world. The Code states that if someone becomes aware of anything that they believe may violate a law, regulation, the Code or another Group policy, the individual should report the violation or what the individual believes or suspects is a possible violation. Reporting channels include a confidential and anonymous hotline.
- Approach Toward Dealings with HMRC
- Preferred Brands United Kingdom Limited believes it has an established, professional, transparent and honest working relationship with HMRC and commits to making accurate disclosures in its filings, submissions and correspondence with HMRC in relation to UK tax matters. Including HMRC; conducting our interactions with transparency, honesty, and integrity.
- Preferred Brands United Kingdom Limited provides HMRC with timely responses to enquiries into its UK tax affairs and seeks to bring any matters under discussion with HMRC to conclusion as efficiently as possible.
Our Tax Policy, simply stated, is to ensure that we adopt clear and transparent compliance processes directed at collecting and paying all taxes relevant to our operations in all countries in which we operate in both a complete and timely manner.